Introduction to Agile for Business Professionals
How to manage VUCA and increase business effectiveness and productivity in challenging times
Facilitated & Interactive Online Training
Active participation is key to effective learning!
As recent events have shown, the world as we know is constantly being disrupted, both positively and negatively. VUCA, or volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, is the norm in many workplaces and organisations. How do we deal with this? How do we remain effective and productive in such challenging conditions?
In this live online training workshop, business professionals will learn why embracing Agile is becoming a rite of passage for many organisations, big and small. Understand what are the values and principles of Agile that can help in managing business and work in complex environments.
Participants will also learn how to make use of the Cynefin model to make effective and sustainable decisions. To be able to practise Agile values & principles immediately, participants will also learn Kanban, a work management system that helps to increase focus and productivity, and, more importantly, Customer-Outcomes.
- Two 2-hour live online training workshop sessions at your convenience
- Learn from a leadership & business agility expert with extensive experience in business team coaching and people facilitation
- Experience effective remote working facilitation using the best online collaboration and communication tools
- Small class with maximum 16 participants per session; Participants will periodically breakout in small groups for deeper learning and peer discussions
- Multiple short workshop sessions for optimal focus and online learning experience
- Modular live sessions for the busy executive
- Business professionals who are keen to learn about Agile and how to response with agility during times of crisis or complex work situations
- Business professionals who are keen to increase their effectiveness and productivity
- Morning Sessions: 10am-12pm
- Afternoon Sessions: 3pm-5pm
Participants can choose to attend either the morning sessions (10am-12pm) or afternoon sessions (3pm-5pm) over 2 consecutive days. Transfer to other dates or between morning or afternoon sessions are subject to seat availability.
Module 1: Embracing agile to perform better in complexity
- Understand why VUCA is here to stay (and, in fact, accelerating away) and how to deal with constant disruptions
- Discover how Agile values & principles can help solve complex business or work problems brought upon by VUCA and shift away from traditional business management thinking
- [Exercise] Learn how to make effective and sustainable decisions using the Cynefin model
- [Exercise] Discuss and identify Agile ways of working and thinking to solve business and work challenges
Module 2: Increasing customer-outcomes and productivity with focused work
- Learn how progressive organisations are shifting their traditional ways of working into Agile-guided work culture environments
- Understand why organisations and businesses are slow to react to Customer demands and competitor moves, and how you can help
- Learn how to make more effective daily business or work decisions centered around the Customer
- [Exercise] Practise developing a Kanban work system that can help improve focus, increase work quality and produce higher productivity levels