Development of Remote Working Teams: Leadership tools
How to develop highly-aligned, focused and productive remote working teams
Facilitated & Interactive Online Training
Active participation is key to effective learning!
Unforeseen crises and business challenges force knowledge-oriented organizations to rethink their traditional way of working. Working remotely is the new norm and teams are now working together online more than ever.
The urgent and ongoing challenge for executives is without a doubt the ability to build and maintain effective teams remotely.
In this live online training workshop, executives will get acquainted with practical tools and leadership knowledge to develop powerful teams. Teams that can achieve the organization’s goals while the team members work remotely.
This 6-hour progressive learning program with 3 modules provides tools for the following:
- Create a safe working environment with the right support by co-creating the rules
- Create a goal-based appraisal system (OKRs) to help teams perform result-oriented work
- Create a transparent work system (Kanban) that helps increase responsibility and ownership among team members, and increases team productivity
- Three 2-hour online training workshop sessions
- Learn from a business agility consultant with extensive coaching experience
- Experience remote working facilitation by leveraging the best online collaboration and communication tools
- Small class with up to 12 participants per session; There are break-out sessions in smaller groups for an intensive learning experience and for group discussions
- Several small workshop sessions for an optimal online learning experience
- Modular live sessions that fit into busy calendars
- Executives who want to develop aligned, productive, and effective teams
- Executives looking for practical tools that facilitate a team’s remote interaction and engagement
- Morning Sessions: 10am-12pm
- Afternoon Sessions: 3pm-5pm
Participants can choose to attend either the morning or afternoon sessions over 2 consecutive days.
Module 1: Leading & managing in complex environments
- Understand and learn leadership style and thinking fit for complex 21st century work challenges
- Understand the need for an agile, resilient and self-organizing team culture to overcome challenges while working in complex and online environments
- Learn the importance of team alignment, transparency and trust, especially in remote working teams
- [Exercise] Practice creating the ‘Rules of the Game’ to create team alignment and to establish trust
Module 2: Developing deeply aligned and focused teams with shared metrics
- Learn how to align organization’s purpose with personal goals and develop inspired, motivated and resilient team members
- Productivity vs Efficiency vs Effectiveness: which is more important? Why Customer-Centricity and Systems Thinking matter more than ever
- Gain a deeper understanding of ‘Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)’
- [Exercise] Practice creating ‘OKRs’ for team focus on activities that matter
Module 3: Workplace transparency for enhanced accountability, productivity & effectiveness
- Learn why and how modern work practices, corporate culture and digital technologies can be a hindrance to productivity and effective communication
- Understand the differences between team culture vs organisational culture and why executives should focus more on developing team culture
- Understand how transparent knowledge work management systems, such as Kanban and Scrum, can improve the team’s individual accountability and sense of ownership as well as increase team productivity and effectiveness
- [Exercise] Practice building and prioritizing a shared Team Backlog using Kanban